The Saenger Theatre was originally completed in 1929, and restoration to the shell and exterior was wrought with all the challenges one would expect with a nearly 100-year-old historical landmark. The project scope was layered with complexity beginning with deconstruction of the wood roof structure and terracotta block masonry that encompassed the fly tower to assess the structural steel skeleton beneath. Repairs to, or replacement of, several of the steel beams and columns was completed, and the fly tower was rebuilt with concrete filled CMU block and clad with brick and prefinished insulated metal panels. A steel rigging grid was also installed just below the new steel roof framing and decking. Following reconstruction of the fly tower, the next two stages of the project commenced. First, the auditorium roof and much of the original wood framing beneath was removed and replaced to resolve years of deterioration and accommodate new structural steel RTU platforms that were flown in and anchored to existing steel trusses. The roof was then re-decked, and an insulated TPO system was installed on both the fly tower and auditorium prior to setting four new RTUs. Second, the exterior brick façade was restored by removing and replacing roughly 20,000 bricks along with all existing mortar joints so the look and physical properties of both the bricks and mortar matched the original installation from 1929. The final phase of the project consisted of a similar full restoration of the West façade which also included the replacement of select cast stone, replacement of the canopy and solid wood entry doors, and restoration of the existing neon and incandescent sign. The project was completed with no recordable incidents or lost days to injury.